- Applicable YAML files: all files with a .yml extension.
- Essentials uses a config.yml file.
- Tabs are NOT allowed, use spaces ONLY.
- You MUST indent your properties and lists with 1 or more spaces.
- All keys/properties are case-sensitive. ("ThIs", is not the same as "thiS")
- ALWAYS check your YAML config files against this parser: YAML Parser
- When using the parser, CORRECT output looks like this: Image:Output.png
- The file used for the tutorial and for the output is here: HelloWorld
Text Editor Use
- Please use notepad++ (free) or another program to convert your TABs to spaces if you want to easily edit your YAML config files using the TAB key. If you do NOT have a program which can convert TABs to spaces, then do NOT use the TAB key to indent your YAML.
- Within notepad++ Click Settings -> Preferences -> Language Menu/Tab Settings, which will take you to the following screen.
YAML Key-Property Structure Tutorial
"The keys helloworld and HelloWorld are identical except for their case. Don't forget this. YAML will treat these keys as two separate and unrelated keys."